It is not too late to be a part of Precision Fitness Crazy 8 game that runs through June 30. Complete a group exercise punch card that consist of 8 classes. Each completed card entitles you to $5.00 added to your prepay account and you can complete an unlimited number of cards. At the end of the campaign, one completed card will be drawn for a prize package valued at $189. Please stop by the front desk and register.
Yield is 4 servings (Serving size is 3/4 cup vegetables, 1/3 cup sauce, 1 chicken breast half or 1 chicken thigh and 1 drumstick)
Each serving has 324 calories
Fat: 11.4 grams, Protein: 32.6 grams, Carbohydrate: 22.1 grams, Fiber: 5.2 grams, Cholesterol: 100 mg and Sodium: 818 mg
2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skinned
2 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
2 chicken drumsticks, skinned
1/2 Teaspoon salt
1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 (14 ounce) cans fat-free, less sodium chicken broth
1 cup dry white wine
1/2 Teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
12 baby turnips, peeled (about 8 ounces)
12 baby carrots, peeled (about 8 ounces)
12 pearl onions, peeled (about 8 ounces)
6 fresh flat-leaf parsley springs
2 bay leaves
2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 cup green peas
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 Tablespoon butter
1. Melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan; saute 5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan
2. Add broth to pan; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits. Add wine and next 6 ingredients (thyme, turnips, carrots, pearl onions, parsley springs and bay leaves). Add chicken back to pan, nestling into vegetable mixture and bring to a boil.
3. Cover chicken, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Discard bay leaves and parsley springs. Remove chicken and vegetables from the pan.
4. Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2 cup measuring glass. Pour cooking liquid into bag and let stand for 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner of bag. Drain drippings back into pan, stopping before fat layer reaches opening. Discard the fat and return liquid to a boil. Continue to cook for 5 minutes or reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
5. Melt remaining 1 Tablespoon of butter in a small skillet. Add flour, stirring until smooth. Add flour mixture to the cooking liquid which is in the pan; cook 2 minutes or until slightly thick, stir constantly.
6. Return chicken and vegetables mixture to pan, stir in peas. Cook 3 minutes or thoroughly heated. Garnish with the chopped parsley.
1 1/4 Cups Halved Strawberries
3 Tablespoons butter / margarine melted
2 Teaspoons grated Orange Rind
2 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1 1/4 Cups and 2Teaspoons of Sugar
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1. Preheat Oven to 400
2. Combine first 4 ingredients (strawberries, butter, orange rind and eggs) in a blender, and process just until blended.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups and level with a knife.
4. Combine flour, 1 1/4 cups sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl.
5. Add the strawberry mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until moist.
6. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
7. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes or until muffins spring back when touched lightly in the center.
Serving is one muffin
Calories from fat: 20%
Fat: 4 grams
Saturated Fat: 2.1 grams
Monounsaturated Fat: 1.2 grams
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.3 grams
Protein: 2.8 grams
Carbohydrates: 34.8 grams
Fiber. 0.8 grams
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Iron: 1 mg
Sodium: 179 mg
Calcium: 33 mg
Precision 60 is a full body training program that is based on heart rate percentage and is appropriate for all ages. It is an interval workout that burns a large amount of calories not only during the workout but keeps burning them for hours after you complete the training session. The Precision 60 routine consists of: 20 minutes interval cardio training, 20 minutes of high intensity strength training and finishing with more cardio to push your limits. Sessions are limited to 3 participants, thus register today as these spaces are hot. See Kevin for more details.
Help us paint the event PRECISION! Event day is set for Saturday June 8, 2013 @ 8:30 AM with the starting location at the high school track. You can either walk or run the distance of your choice (5k or 10K). Cost is $18 before May 13 or $25 after May 13. You will get an official race shirt along with a dry fit team shirt from Precision Fitness. Stop by Precision Fitness today to get your registration form. Please see George if you have any questions.
- 1/2 cup – Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup – Honey
- 2 cup – Oatmeal
- 2 cup – Flax seed
- 2 cup – Granola or any combination of cereals to equal 2 cups
Mix ingredients together well. Roll into balls the size of a golf ball. Place in a storage container and refrigerate to retain firmness an freshness.
1 ball per serving
Nutrition facts per serving
- 145 calories
- 8 g proteins
- 1 g fat